10/04/2014

Tine Sews: The Black Denim Skirt



This might be one of the most boring things I've ever sewn, but it's worth the work, because it's so versatile and I've been wearing it so often already. The skirt is a simple jeans-style denim skirt that I made of the leftover fabric from my black skinny jeans. It has pockets and all and just the right length. I'm already thinking about the endless varieties that this skirt offers, when it's tight-season again. I really need some more colourfull tights!
Maybe the hem is not quite balanced as Patrick would state, but I don't care, I love this little denim skirt.

If you want to have a similar skirt, I'd recommend the Moss skirt pattern from Grainline. It totally inspired me to make this skirt.
I added a pink bias tape to the fly and it gives a very nice finish.


It was a very cheap project, because all of the fabrics, zippers and notions were already in my stash. I made this skirt in the beginning of the year and already got a lot of wear out of it. It's my favourite skirt pattern and as always I've already made it into a couple of skirts, like this one. The pattern is from an old Burda magazine (issue 3/2002). I'm thinking about making the denim jacket that's in the issue as well. Maybe not in black, as I've got my biker jacket for the fall and winter, but maybe in a nice colour that complements my wardrobe? I'm thinking pink or a nice red?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...