4/17/2015

Tine Sews: The Cusco Skirt

I actually made this skirt a while ago and wore it on the same night to go out dancing, but I just found these pictures on my hard drive. The skirt is made from a remnant that I had after making a drawstring bag from the fabric. We had that fabric at work, but it sold out before I could snag it, so I got mine at the Dutch fabric market. But the good news is, that we have similar fabrics back in stock this season. I'll link them for you at the end of this post.
The weave is quite stable, which I didn't consider, so the skirt sits a bit tight around the waist, but it's okay. Next time I make the skirt in a woven fabric, I'd add about a centimetre on either sideseam.

I used my trusted Burda pattern (issue 3/2002) again.
The button is from the parcel that I got from Sveta during the Spring Sewing Swap.
I finished the hem with a black bias tape. The length is slightly longer in the back than in the front, which I like at the moment.
I guess the skirt is going to be one of my favourites this summer, if I loose a centimetre of my waist circumference. Good motivation to attend my wheelgymnastics training more regularly again!

If you'd like to get some similar fabrics, check out these beautiful woven fabrics:
Weave Cusco 3 Weave Cusco 5 Weave Cusco 7

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...