5/16/2015

Tine Talks: Stoffwechsel 2015 - mein Steckbrief

I'm very bad with taking part in sew-a-longs or any other community project apart from other sewing swaps, but when Constanze of Nahtzugabe offered me her space in the Stoffwechsel project I immediately thought that it would be a great idea.

The Stoffwechsel is a project that was started last year. A group of bloggers found together under the organisation of Hannah from Siebenhundertsachen. The concept is simple: Every blogger posts her fabric characteristics, then Hannah mixes the group so that everybody has got a partner and then everybody sends his partner anonymously a parcel with one or two fabrics, that she thinks would suit the other blogger. Then everybody has got some time to make something from the fabric and blogs about that.

I have been fascinated to read about the project last year and now I'm very happy to take part.
As this is a German project I'll post my characteristics in German, but am going to translate them as well.

Was nähst du am liebsten für dich?
What is your favourite thing to sew for yourself? 
Ich nähe am liebsten Bekleidung und hin und wieder auch mal eine Tasche oder einen Rucksack, dann aber meistens unaufwendige Projekte. An Kleidung nähe ich in letzter Zeit vor allem viele Oberteile und Röcke oder Hosen. Einmal im Jahr nähe ich meist ein aufwendigeres Projekt, wie zuletzt einen Mantel oder eine Bikerjacke. Ich bin dafür bekannt, dass ich einen Schnitt gerne vier bis fünfmal nähe.
I like to sew clothes and only occassionally a bag or a backpack, mostly simple projects though. Clothes I've sewn in the last couple of months were mostly tops and jeans or skirts. Once a year I usually sew a complex project, like lastly a coat or a biker jacket. I'm known for sewing a pattern four to five times.

Hast du dir für diese Frühjahrs/Sommersaison Pläne gemacht, etwas bestimmtes vorgenommen? Was wirst du wohl als nächstes nähen wollen?
Do you have special plans for this spring/summer season, anything in particular? What are you probably going to sew next? 
Eigentlich habe ich mir erstmal vorgenommen die Stoffe aus meinem Stofflager zu vernähen, doch ich träume davon mir einen zweiten Trenchoat zu nähen - am liebsten aus einem Wax Print. Leider habe ich in Hamburg noch kein Geschäft gefunden, wo ich den perfekten kleingemusterten Stoff finden kann.
Actually I plan to sew with fabrics from my stash first, anyway I dream about sewing a second trenchcoat - best with an African wax print fabric. Unfortunately I haven't found a shop in Hamburg yet, where I can find the perfect small patterned African fabric.
Miss Celie's Pants
Dixie DIY
sew Amy sew


Die Glaubensfrage: Webstoff oder Jersey? Oder doch beides?
The question of belief: Woven fabrics or jersey? Or both? 
Auf jeden Fall beides. Ich habe fast genau so viele Jerseyröcke, wie Röcke aus Webware und auch bei Oberteilen habe ich sowohl simple T-Shirts als auch Blusenshirts.
Definitely both. I have almost as many jersey skirts as skirts from woven fabrics and also for tops I use jersey for simple t-shirts as well as wovens for blousy shirts.

Welches Material vernähst du am liebsten (z.B. Viskose, Baumwolle, Wolle, …) – gegen was hast du eine (starke) Abneigung?
Which material do you like to sew with best (e.g. viscose, cotton, wool,...) - what do you dislike most? 
In letzter Zeit liebe ich Viskose und Baumwollstoffe in Voile-Qualität. Wolle vernähe ich nur im Winter. Ich mag auch leichte Jeansstoffe wie z.B. Chambray oder Baumwolljersey. Wenn ich einen Jersey mit Wollanteil in einer Farbe, die mir gefällt, sehe, nehme ich den meistens auch mit.
Lately I love viscose or cotton fabrics in voile-quality. I only sew with wool in winter. I also like soft jeans fabrics like a chambray or cotton jersey. If I see a jersey with a woolen content in a colour that I like, I usually get it.

Was sind deine Lieblingsfarben, welche stehen dir gut? Welche gehen gar nicht?
Which are your favourite colors? Which suit you best? Which colours are a no-go?
Ich mag grau, pink, schwarz, khaki, jeans, türkis, rot. Ich habe auch Kleidungsstücke in Grün oder Pastellfarben, diese trage ich aber meistens nicht so häufig. Die Farben dürfen ruhig gerne kräftig sein.
I like grey, pink, black, olive, jeans, turquoise, red. I also own clothes in green or pastell colours, but I rarely wear them. Colour should be strong.

Welche Muster magst du? Groß oder klein? Blumen, Streifen, Punkte? Oder sind Muster vielleicht gar nicht so deins?
Which pattern do you like? Small or big? Flowers, stripes, dots? Or are patterns not your thing at all?
Ich mag afrikanisch oder andere ethnisch angehauchte Prints. Gerne auch geometrische Formen. Die Muster können groß oder klein sein, das geht beides. Blumen habe ich schon lange nicht mehr gekauft und wenn sind es eher abstrakte Blütenformen oder gezeichnete Drucke. Streifen kaufe ich auch selten, Punkte gehen aber immer!
I like African or other ethnic inspired prints. Also I like geometric prints. Patterns can be small or big, both works for me. Flower prints I haven't bought for a long time and if I did it was either an abstract print or drawn prints. I seldom buy stripes, but dots always work!

Was sind die Kleidungsstücke, die dir (in letzter Zeit) in deinen Augen am besten gelungen sind? (Bitte mit Link oder Foto) Sind welche dabei, die du vor allem wegen ihres Stoffes magst?
Which projects from the last months are you favourites? Are their projects you like because of the fabric? 
Ich mage mein Elsie-Kleid und auch die simplen Shirts in Khaki. Das Elsie-Kleid mag ich vor allem wegen des Viskosestoffes mit grafischem Muster in meinen Lieblingsfarben und bei den Oberteilen überzeugte mich auch der schöne Khakiton.
I like my Elsie-dress and ols the simple shirts in olive. The Elsie-dress I like especially because of the viscose fabric with its graphic pattern in my favourite colours and the fabric of the tops convinced me because of the beautiful olive shade.

Wieviel Stoff verbrauchst du ca. für einen Rock, ein Oberteil, ein Kleid? Welche Mindestmenge benötigst du für die Verarbeitung? Oder hast du sogar ein Maximalmaß für Stoff?
How much fabric do you need for a skirt, a top, a dress? Which is your minimum length you buy? What is the maximum you buy? 
Ich kaufe für Röcke und Oberteile 1 m. Für Hosen, Blusenhemden und Kleider meist 1,5 m. Ich kaufe selten mehr als 2 m. Denn aus 2 m bekomme ich meist schon zwei Kleidungsstücke hin.
Für den geplanten Trenchcoat aus einem Wax Print würde ich ca. 3,5 m benötigen. Ich benutze das Schnittmuster Trenchcoat 113 B burda style 09/2010.
I buy 1 m for shirts and skirts. For jeans, shirt blouses or dresses usually 1,5 m. I rarely buy more than 2 m. Because often I can get two garments of 2 m. For the trenchcoat that I plan to make from a wax print, I'd need about 3.5 m.

Gibt es sonst noch etwas, das dich als Näh-/Stofftyp in deinen Augen ausmacht?
Is there anything else that defines you as a fabric or sewing type?
In der letzten Zeit kaufe ich gerne Stoffe, die durch ihre Struktur, ihre Farbe oder ihre Qualität wirken. Ich bin ein kleiner Fabric-Snob und kaufe keine Polyesterstoffe.
Lately I love to buy fabrics that I like because of their structure, their colour or quality. I'm a little bit of a fabric-snob and don't buy polyester fabrics.

Thank you to Hannah and Lotti for organizing this years Stoffwechsel. I'm very excited who is going to be my exchange partner!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...